On Monday, 11th September 2018; the world for the first time witnessed the address of the top US National Security Adviser – John Bolton announcing that, “Today, on the eve of September 11th, I want to deliver a clear and unambiguous message on behalf of the president. The United States will use any means necessary to protect our citizens and those of our allies from unjust prosecution by this illegitimate court. We will not cooperate with the ICC. We will provide no assistance to the ICC … We will let the ICC die on its own. After all, for all intents and purposes, the ICC is already dead to us. Trump administration will consider banning judges and prosecutors from entering the country, put, sanctions on any funds they have in the US financial system, and prosecute them in US Courts. Likewise with any company or nation that will cooperate with the ICC in investigating the US. In secular terms, we don’t recognise any higher authority than the US constitution. This president will not allow American citizens to be prosecuted by foreign bureaucrats, and he will not allow other nations to dictate our means of self-defense.”
The harsh utterances were as a result of the following events:
First: The ICC Prosecutor issued a request last year 2017 for an investigation into the claims of war crimes in Afghanistan, which would have included everything perpetrated by the US army and their intelligence officers. This is according to the ICC 2016 report which said that there is a basis of probability that the US army committed brutality in secret detention camps within Afghanistan operated by the CIA, and that the Afghan regime and Taliban committed war crimes. [bbc.com, 11/09/2018]
Pili: In May 2018, Palestine (PLO) through the Foreign Minister Riad Malki met with the ICC Prosecutor and officially asked the Court to open a full investigation into the claims of crime perpetrated by the Jewish entity of Israel in East Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza since June 2014. [bbc.co.uk, 22/05/2018]. This led to the closure of the PLO embassy in the US.
The statement has revealed the following points:
- a) The ICC is a Western tool especially the European Union (EU) who are members and the main sponsors of the Court led by Germany, Britain, France and Canada. Therefore, severity and leniency of its claws will always depend on the interests of its sponsors. For instance, those who participated in the war against IRAQ were America and Britain but we never heard from the ICC opening investigations and charging the British solders! Likewise, in Germany, Britain, Canada, France, Kenya etc. have enacted barbaric legislation to fight against Islam (Extremism and Terrorism) which has resulted to many extra judicial killings and abductions, which up to date their whereabouts are still unknown. The court is silent on this. Currently Muslims are being murdered by the Jewish entity in Palestine whereas in Syria, Russia, who is also the member of the court, bombards them with bombs, yet it is also quiet on it and does not open charges against it!
- b) America is not ready to be dictated and accounted by the EU. It is full of pride and has manifested open animosity against Islam and Muslims. This is clear from its actions including its war against Extremism and Terrorism that is directed to Islam and Muslims globally. And America whatsoever does not want to be accounted by any institution (ICC, Companies or Regimes) in relation to the global crimes they commit. Especially considering this time that America is in economic warfare against the EU and wants to take every advantage to preoccupy EU and push it to submit to its international agreements and policies anchored on the slogan of “America First.”
The Challenger of America and her allies is the Islamic Khilafah (Caliphate) State established upon the methodology of the Prophethood. Its leader is the Khalifah (Caliph) who is confined to the Islamic Shari’ah emanating from the Quran and Sunnah in managing the affairs of his citizenry and Islam worldwide. Khilafah will view America and her allies including the Jewish entity as enemy states due to their oppression against Muslims and Islam. Hence, acting upon America similar to the way it acted upon it in 1783 when America entered the international arena through sailing its warships on international seas and were captured by the Khilafah navy near Algeria. In 1793, 12 more, American warships were captured again. And which led to the US Congress in 1794 to authorize President Washington to use 700,000 gold coins to construct a stronger warship that will be able to resist attacks from the Khilafah warships. One year later, America gave up and signed the Barbary Agreement between her and the Khilafah. The term Barbary means the North African province consisting of Algiers, Tunis and Tripoli, which was under the Ottoman Khilafah (Caliphate).
The terms of the Barbary Agreement were as follows:
- The agreement will cost America to pay at once $ 992,463.
- The captured American ships will be returned and the American warship will be allowed to sail on the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
- In order for the no. 2 to be effected, America shall pay $ 642,000 in gold standard.
- America shall pay an annual tribute of $12,000 in gold standard using the Islamic Hijri calendar.
- America shall pay US$585,000 as a ransom to the captured American soldiers.
- America shall construct a modern steel ship at her own cost and on completion submit it to the Khilafah in return for privileges. (The cost of the ship after completion was discovered to cost America 30 times more contrary to their initial estimation)
The Treaty was written in official language of the Khilafah at that time being the Turkish language and was signed by President Washington. This is the only American legal document to ever have been concluded in a foreign language and the only treaty the Americans have ever signed that agrees to pay annual tax to another nation. This treaty continued until the Khilafah was abolished
That was how America was dealt with during that time and that is how it will be treated soon after the impending Khilafah is re-established by the permission and will of Allah. That is when America will know that Muslims and Islam and all the weak across the world have found a true defender and genuine accountant of all oppressors and not the ICC and its likes including the United Nations etc.
Member of the Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in Kenya