On Wednesday, 21 August 2019, the African Union (AU) endorsed Kenya for the 15-member United Nations Security Council (UNSC) seat representing Easter Africa after it defeated Djibout with 37 votes against 13 votes in the second round of voting held by the African Union Permanent Representatives’ Committee (AUPRC) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This comes after Kenya’s reelection to the 15-member African Union Peace and Security Council (AUPSC) for another three years on Friday, 8 February 2019 after garnering 37 votes against Ethiopia and Sudan. The next hurdle remaining for Kenya to officially, become a non-permanent UNSC member is to compulsory rally the UN member states to vote for her with least two-thirds votes of the UN member states when the elections are held in New York in June 2020.
United Nations (UN) is a political tool owned by western colonial countries especially by the US after it emerged the Superpower in World War II. Therefore, the US and her allies shackle the world through their evil policies emanating from UN. As for the UNSC, it is one of the six main organs of the UN controlled by the five permanent members (US, UK, France, China and Russia) with veto powers and allege to be guarantors of global security and peace! The remaining ten non-permanent members join for purposes of collective face! UN Resolutions are passed, vetoed or ignored by the five permanent members depending on their interests and benefits! Ironically, the five UNSC permanent members are involved in crimes, invasions, wars and plundering of other nations’ resources. The following are some examples of direct and indirect aggressions committed by the UNSC five permanent members are:
- French’s militarily invasion of Mali on Friday, 11 January 2013 under the pretext of preventing the establishment of a terrorist state after a military coup in the capital Bamako that led to a nation-wide power vacuum! In addition, on December 2013 on the pretext of stabilizing Central African Republic (CAR) after a brutal sectarian conflicting between Muslims and Christians! All along their true intentions is to usurp the vast resources found in Mali and CAR!
- Russia’s invasion and annexation of Crimea in 2014. Ongoing onslaught on Islam and Muslims under the pretext of fighting terrorism and extremism; hence sentencing long-term jailing of numerous Muslims especially those from the non-violent ideological party of Hizb ut Tahrir!
- US in partnership with the Israel entity is embroiled in the invasions of Jerusalem (Al-Quds) by recognizing it as Israel’s capital on Wednesday, 6 December 2017 and relocating its embassy from Tel Aviv officially on Monday, 14 May 2018! Russia and America met on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at the UN and the next day on Wednesday, 30 September 2015 Russia invaded Syria militarily and continues to date!
- UK is currently battling it out with US for the control of Middle East and its vast resources; hence, the UK and US are indirectly using their subservient nations’ rulers to ascend to power and in the process shedding innocent blood of Muslim children, women and elders and destroying infrastructure built for centuries!
- China is currently perpetrating oppression against Uyghur Muslims living in East Turkistan. The crimes in East Turkistan are indescribable. Muslims there are bound and hanged on gallows, cement and concrete is poured into their mouths suffocating them, women are prevented from conceiving and giving birth, Men are castrated. The kafir Chinese regime place a kafir Chinese man in every Muslim house to spy on them under the pretext of their education of the Chinese culture, disregarding their privacy and sanctities. Muslims are prevented from fasting on the Blessed Ramadhan! Furthermore, China is engaging in a, “rapid, large-scale campaign to build boarding schools” to forcibly detain the children of Uyghur Muslims from East Turkestan who are in exile or incarcerated in the regime’s notorious ‘re-education concentration camps” in which 1 million Muslims are currently detained! Chinese administrators allege their use of force by alleging they are fighting terrorism, extremism and secession!
Indeed, the above hostilities committed by the veto power members of UNSC confirms that it is just a club of few nations; whose hands are tainted with blood and continue to spill more innocent blood. Furthermore, causing catastrophes across the world under their false narrative of promoting peace and security; while the truth is they are promoting the invalid secular capitalist ideology and its stinking systems via neocolonialism! The failure of secular capitalist ideology and its systems to manage peoples’ affairs is exposed to all except the intellectual blind and so everyone is searching for an alternative to replace it! Therefore, the UNSC is just there to maintain status quo and prevent any alternative global leadership.
It is unfortunate for a nation like Kenya to spend its valuable resources and time to campaign for a seat aimed at furthering persecutions against both her citizens and neighboring nations in the name of fighting terrorism and extremism/radical! Certainly, evil embraces evil since Kenya sent its representative to the official opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem on Monday, 14 May 2018. Kenya confirmed that indeed, is an ally of the US and the Israel entity who are both occupiers of the Blessed Land of Palestine and enemies of Islam and Muslims both in Al-Quds and across the world.
It is unsurprisingly that if Kenya joins UNSC after the June 2020 UN elections, its aggressiveness against Islam and Muslims on the pretext of fighting extremism and terrorism will increase to new heights considering its latest assenting of the Statute Law (Miscellaneous Amendment) Act 2019 – No. 21 of 2019 that included the Prevention of Terrorism Act. The signing introduced State agencies, which include the National Police Service, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Kenya Wildlife Service, the Kenya Prisons Service and the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority to membership of the Counter-Terrorism Centre. Furthermore, the plot to introduce the Prevention of Terrorism (Amendment) Bill, 2018 aimed at recruiting educational administrators to participate in the fighting against radicalism!
If indeed, Kenya wishes to participate and enjoy genuine peace and security then it must cut ties to western colonial masters who are the root cause of the catastrophes that are witnessed in Kenya and across the world and which have caused both Kenya and Africa to stagnate economically, politically, socially and educational. The catastrophes include family and social breakdown due to the implementation of the social liberal system, interest based economy that promote poverty and increased rich-poor gap, myopic governance founded upon the democratic system, foreign policy based on colonialism amongst other evil outcomes! After cutting the colonial ties, it must embrace the call for the resumption of the Islamic way of life via the reestablishment of the Khilafah (Caliphate) on the method of Prophethood. The Prophet (saw) said that tyrannical rule and its institutions such as the UNSC would be removed:
«…ثُمَّ تَكُونُ مُلْكاً جَبْرِيَّةً فَتَكُونُ مَا شَاءَ اللهُ أَنْ تَكُونَ ثُمَّ يَرْفَعُهَا إِذَا شَاءَ أَنْ يَرْفَعَهَا ثُمَّ تَكُونُ خِلَافَةٌ عَلَى مِنْهَاجِ النُّبُوَّةِ ثُمَّ سَكَتَ»
“…then there will a forcible rule, as long as Allah wants, then Allah will remove if He so wants, then there will be a Khilafah on the Method of Prophethood, and then he (saw) was silent”.
Only the Khilafah will guarantee genuine tranquility, peace and security of peoples’ blood, property and honor irrespective of their color or religion. In the absence of the Khilafah, evil spreads in all spheres of life! On our part, we must continue to work steadfastly for the Khilafah while putting our efforts and hopes to Allah (swt) alone: (وَمَا النَّصْرُ إِلاَّ مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ) “And victory is not but from Allah. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise” [An-Anfal: 10]
Ali Nassoro Ali
Member of Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in Kenya
Article No.59: Friday, 23 Dhul-Hijja 1440 | 2019/08/23